Tuesday 31 January 2012

Fingerless cloves for my new coat

A few weeks ago  I bought my new winter coat. The old one was grey and my new one is blue. This means my grey accessories should be turned into blue as well! This winter seemed to be a very soft one. No ice, no snow. This turned completely around this week….it’s freezing, a bit of snow has fallen last night and more will follow. Am I happy that I sewed my fingerless gloves last night!




I have seen loads of these on pinterest, all great ideas of how to sew them and how to decorate them. As I think these gloves should be perfectly fitted (not to wide and not to tight) I decided to make my own pattern by taking sizes of my hands. I measured the width of my 4 longer fingers,  the length from my thump to the middle of my fingers, the length to my wrist and the width of my wrist. Don’t forget the wrist will be tighter than the widest part of your hand, you need to keep enough space to put the glove on so measure this as well!
Having cut the fleece fabric in the right sizes (elastic fabric would be better, but I wanted to use this fleece fabric) I added a bit of lace (yes I love lace) on the top of the gloves and sewed the two sides together, but leaving a thumbhole! I hand-stitched the thumbhole, but I guess there as simple 100 ways of securing this part (in the past I have used bias, which worked very well).

No comments:

Post a Comment