Tuesday 31 January 2012

Lace and jeans jewellery

Yes, I know…I have started my blog and didn’t write on it for months!
What kind of start is that huh! I will make things better…promised… and will start with writing about a few things I have made in the last couple of weeks.
Lace and jeans jewellery
One thing I really like, especially combined together, are lace and jeans. On pinterest I have found this great tutorial of making bangles out of jeans. It was written by Green Issues: http://greenissuessingapore.blogspot.com/2011/03/old-jeans-into-jean-bangles.html
I loved them! So there it started. Looking for an old pair of jeans (I guess everyone has at least one pair laying around which hasn’t been worn for months if not years). I took a dive into my lace stash and started making a bangle with black lace.

It turned out quiet well for a first try! I found some blue lace for my second creation and white for the “sweeter” look.  In the end I found some white flowers which I decorated with beads. This would have been nice with buttons as well!

As I really liked the last version I decided to make some ear rings with them. Using the same flower lace and beads. How cute are these? 

Still had a few cm. if the flower lace left I decided to make a bracelet with buttons. Very girly, my nieces would love these!

1 comment: